Re: Gemm.com - experiences?

>> Anyone got any experiences
>> selling or buying through them?

I've bought a 40-50 of hard-to-find and out-of-print CDs from their system
over the last 3-4 years ... no problems to report. I've always viewed them
as a business-to-consumer marketplace where you are hooked up with sellers
through their self-service database for vendors, so your experience may
vary
based on the vendor you get hooked up with (which is a little different
than
Amazon I think). It's pretty nice that they affer the fullfillment
information and vendor experience ratings. I've had no problems with
overseas vendors either ... most usually keep in touch on order status via
e-mail.

The gemm.com web site has a lot to be desired from a design and usability
perspective, but it does what it's suppose to, so I'd give them a thumbs
up.

I didn't realize that they offered services for more independent artists
and
labels since it's typically stores I've dealt with ... I'll have to check
that out. I was planning on using CDBaby or Homegrown Music.

If you are selling CDs using gemm.com, are you packing/shipping them
yourself? If so, I wonder how this would compare to using PayPal directly
on
your own hosted site in terms of cost. Also, how do they transfer payment
you for goods sold?