RE: A Much Shorter Retort to the Domed One's Essay

S.P. Goodman wrote,

> The anti-American sentiment on the
> part of the British press is fairly commonplace
> and pretty much taken for granted.

Ah, smelling anti-American sentiments again, eh? Just because someone dares
to criticize - and of course, Eno didn't criticize America as a whole, but
only those who claim to own 'the American spirit', bashing everyone else to
be anti-American. Wake up, man! To be truly American would mean no longer
blindly follow those religious-conservative hardliners and power-hungry oil
billionaires into a brutal unnecessary war which will be led not for
humanist reasons, but solely for cheap oil and political control over it.

I recommend for you to read Crimson biographer Sid Smith's diary (Jan 3rd
entry) at http://diaries.krimson-news.com/SidSmith.shtml.
Sid writes about Eno's article:

> Dismissing this article as US bashing is to profoundly miss the point.
>Eno
’s words are equally applicable to the UK.

and:

> To be anti-Bush isn’t to be anti-American

but read for yourself.

= michael peters
= computer graphics + electronic music
= www.mpeters.de/mpeweb