Re: Loopers-Delight-d Digest V03 #12

Heh, heh. There actually is a looper here in Minnesota who plays and
records with solar power. His name is Michael Monroe. I think he uses a
Jamman in his rig.

http://hometown.aol.com/mmonroedmm/index.html

There was a thread a while back about whether or not you should explain
how you're creating your loop based music during a performance. Michael
does, and the way he goes about it is pretty effective. Between his
normal pieces he'll explain that he's using a device that allows him to
record short loops of music and play over them in real time. He'll sing
something like, "I can record myself singing something and then add to
it" and capture it in the Jamman. Then he'll sing the same 'lyric' ("I
can record myself singing something and then add to it") in harmony
with the first, capture that, and let it loop. It only takes about a
minute and since he's describing looping while looping (would that be
metalooping?) it's quite effective in communicating to the audience how
the looping works.

Dion