Six Degrees of Looper's Delight

  Kim Flint wrote:
>Sure, we can play six degrees of Looper's Delight and manage to justify
>anything.

     This is an interesting point that Kim brings up.  Most of the posts
in the last month are
within one or two degrees of separation from actual looping.  In my
opinion, this is where LD is
most valuable.

     In one sense, this is a list about Looping, the music that arises
from this process, the
tools that we use to create this music, and our own personal approaches
that brought us to the
point where we can appreciate what Looping offers us.

     In another sense, it is (or has become) about how this relates to
other parts of our lives.

     The question becomes, how many degrees of separation do we want to
sustain on this list?  If
no degrees of separation are allowed, I'd be much less interested in what
goes on here.  On the
other hand, if several degrees of separation become the norm, I'd probably
not even stay connected
here.

     Would I personally like to see LD get back on track and talk more
about Looping than it
already does?  With all respect to Kim, no.  Currently (and this past
month included) I am more
than happy with the state of the list.  The diversity of interests and the
(relative) intellegence
and thoughtfulness that people bring to their posts are a breath of fresh
air, especially when
compared to many other lists that exist on the Internet.

         SVG     (just one voice in the crowd encouraging people to keep
their posts within one or
two degrees of separation... heck, you can even talk about Looping itself!)