Off-Topicers Delight!

Dear Kim,

I read your post with great interest
and have concurred with you on much of what you have said.

I have a couple of thoughts in response:

What we have here is a community of loopers that is unmoderated (a policy
you
have been almost militant about).   As such most of these posts reflect
where the
people in this list are at and what they are interested in discussing.
I always assume it is loopers speaking and it becomes quite obvious when
some one
is actually SPAMMING us, gratuitously, so I take it all with a grain of
salt.

Consequently,  I read most of these posts in that context and they don't
bother me
(particularly when they have the ubiquitous OT brand on them).

I'm so busy that I just can't read every post to this list so I do a lot of
selective
erasing to try and get to the things that interest me........I imagine that
I am like most people here in that respect.  I also know that I frequently
miss some really good shit and would enjoin anyone on this list to post me
off-list if they see a particular thread that they wish I would pipe in
on.........I do miss a bunch, regretfully.

My particular mild beef about Loopers Delight is that I wish there were
more
discussions about how people are getting creative in a musical sense with
their
techniques of looping.

The creative threads for me have been the ones I"ve loved the most.
I was selfishly hoping that people would go to town on the 'using the
acoustic
guitar as a percussion instrument' thread because it was so 'loop' specific
in it's context.............but you can't win 'em all.

I now go to the Repeater site and will begin going to the EDP site for
specific gear related stuff because it is so much more pithy although the
archives here are fantastic (and I repeatedly thank you for everything that
you have done to make this
available to us all).

So,  I agree with you mostly and I also think that 'it is what it it' and
that is
one of the prices we pay for having an un-moderated free community.

I was telling someone today at the Flea Market about our community and I
was
saying
that it seemed to me that we actually had a very high percentage of very
creative
and ambitious artists in our ranks...........higher than any musical genre
or style
that I"ve ever been associated with.............I guess with the creativity
comes
the idiosyncracies that make this place occasionally annoying.

I direct you to my last post about changing the name of my new looping band
as
a loving poke at the uncontrollable nature of this website.

It's a tad anarchic and I still think of it as an incredible blessing in my
life.

thanks for allowing it to happen (even when it's irritating).

appreciatively yours,   Rick Walker (loop.pool)