Los Angeles/NAMM-related Gig Spam

O List,

Long time no pseudo-intellectual tirade!  Lucky you...

A couple of NAMM weekend gigs I'd like to remind you all of...

1) Rick Walker/Steve Lawson/Andre LaFosse Trio
Sunday, January 19 | 10:30 PM | $10.00
Rocco's in Hollywood - http://www.roccoinla.com for address and directions

This will be the first show on our upcoming California tour, and we'll
be sharing the bill with Michael Manring.  It's a bit of a late start,
but this is the only show the trio will be doing within three hours of
Los Angeles, so locals should catch us while you can.  And as it's the
night of the final day of NAMM, it might make a cool way for some of the
list members who'll be at the convention to cap off the weekend.

Steve, Rick, and I have never played together as a trio, so this'll be a
surprise to us all... particularly since Rick will be bringing both an
EDP and a full-on drum set, Steve has been experimenting with glitchy
FSU and a dual-Echoplex rig, and I'll probably be too freaked out at
being on a bill with Manring to play a single note.

2) Steve Lawson solo set
Friday, January 17th | 8pm | Free admission
JT Schmid's Restaurant and Brewery
2610 E Katella Ave, Anaheim, CA, just two miles from the Anaheim
Convention Center

A multi-bass-player's orgy, wherein Steve will be doing his solo
EDP-powered thing, much closer to the center of NAMM action.  Michael
Manring will also be playing, so check this show out if you can,
especially to see what these two fine players sound like without my
stepping on their toes two nights later.

I'll post a reminder for the Northern Cali trio dates before they
happen.  And a new 75-minute album of the most advanced Echoplex playing
I've ever done is currently crawling into rough mix territory; a preview
of that will be coming very soon.

The beatings will continue until the morale improves,

--Andre LaFosse
The Echoplex Analysis Pages:
http://www.altruistmusic.com/EDP