Re: looking for simple live looper not based on tempo....

hi new member-my looping experience is "new" also, but if you
are going to use a looper live, i would recommend a foot-pedal oriented
thing.
if you get a rack delay/looper you'll have to get a foot controller
of some kind. my first digital delay pedal, the yamaha dds-20m (from
late 80's) did something like you wanted. it had a sample mode where
you could sample
1.2 sec of material and play it back hitting the pedal button. it also
had 1.2 sec of delay.
i'm sure that some of the newer pedals, the boss dd-6 or the digitech
x-series
delay would do something similar (i don't have them, just have read
about them).
those both have 4-5 sec of delay/looping time.
some thoughts for you. i'm sure others will chime in.
s---