pedal for DL4?

So being perhaps the last person on earth to finally check out a dl4, I
am now wondering about an expression pedal. Seems like a must, from what
everyone says.

On the off chance it might work, I plugged in my FV-50L, but although I
hear some sweepy results when I move the pedal it doesn't seem to be
right, both ends of the range have the same sound.

So do I need the official EX1 pedal from Line6?  Other options?

Also, I have started digging in the archives for all the current and
past discussions, which is great, but is there by any chance a dl4 fan
site with all the tips and tricks in one place, or perhaps some
dedicated lists?

thanks,

BobC