From: Greg House [mailto:ghunicycle@yahoo.com]
Sent: Tuesday, January 21, 2003 8:49 AM
To: Loopers-Delight@loopers-delight.com
Subject: Re: looping with a mic

--- Matthias Grob <matthias@grob.org> wrote:
> >I've been dreaming of a earbud/headphone system to use as monitors
> >for years.  I know a lot of big acts use them exclusively.  Anyone
> >here using something like that?
>
> that would be nice... I think in a few years, hardly anyone will
> still use monitors on stage...

It's very possible with today's technology. You can get good quality
wireless
monitor systems for under $1000, add a small mixer and you're ready to
go. You do
need a pretty quiet rig though, 'cause noise with in-ear monitors is
VERY
irritating.

> When I play with Giba, we use ordinary good big headphones and no
monitors.
> It may look a bit odd, but, so what...

The usual complaint about using headphones on stage is that it isolates
you from
your audience.

Of course, some of us are lost in our own little worlds to start with...

Greg