SV: new HW/SW trend?

// snip //
> Although today's computers are increasingly more powerful, and
> although DSP cards can be added to systems, it still represents a
> performance bottleneck. How many slots do you have in your computer?
// snip //

I would file Emagic's trick with Logic 6.0 under this trend as well.
Whatever CPU intensive plug-ins you slap over a sequencer track it won't
hog your machine down much if you "freeze" the track. That means the
machine will render, in the background, all digital real-time processes
as a temporary audio file.

Best wishes

Per Boysen
www.boysen.se