Re: Fripp in LA

Mark wrote:

>Also, as "prog rockers" go, I it is my opinion that he's one of the only
>of
>his kind that has not become a wimpy shadow of his former self.  The
>Construcktion of Light is proof positive that Fripp's just getting nice
>and
>cranky in his old age and not putting out pabulum like Yes or Pink Floyd.

I completely agree with this. Fripp continues to produce different and
interesting music even after having worked all these years at it. It's
refreshing
to see someone that's not content to sit on their laurels and rehash their
former
glory (or worse yet, to keep playing the same old tired material from
20-30 years
ago). It might be what the audience wants (or thinks they want), but I
can't
imagine it would be satisfying to the musician.

Greg