Re: Which blank CD-R disks to use on a Philips stand-alone CDBurner (not a CD-ROM drive)

wow, that's a lot of questions. i'll answer what i can. i have a
philips cdr 775. i've been using memorex cdr-da's, and they have
worked fine. recorded up to 79 min of my music material, and from the
140 cd's i've sent out, only one friend told me his didn't play in
his system.  i did just buy a bulk (50) amt
of maxell cdr-da's just to try them out (got them for 14$ at SAM's
club). good news, i did just check the memorex website and see that
the memorex cdr da's i've been buying are down to 14$ online (maybe
best buy will drop their prices on them also?)

there is a difference between the digital audio and data disks, i'm
not a techie, so don't know specifics, but if you put a data disk in
the cd recorder, it will give some message saying "not correct disk"
or something. the bummer thing is that the digital audio discs cost
more than data discs. you can get the data disks for nothing
(practically), cdr da's were in the 24$ range (in IA), but since
xmas, i've seen them come down.

i was told by best buy guy when i bought mine that memorex was
"best", they've worked for me. but i will try the maxell's i got for
comparison. on the stand alone cd recorders make sure that you
"finalize" the disc, if not it won't play anywhere. my guess is the
discs you make that don't play in other systems that maybe older cd
players aren't as "compatible"? i had an old cd player that wouldn't
play any music burned to data discs.

whoops, quiting time, i'll send more tomorrow.....
s---