Re: Suggestions on a compact rack mounted mixer sought

> Something along the lines of the Rane SM82.  That might be what I end up
>  going for but I'd like to see if there are some others with more options
>  such as tone controls, headphone outs, mute buttones, etc.  I'm mainly
>  interested in 1-3 space mixers.

isn't this v.similar to the Rane unit,
just v.slightly different features.
I use one, the sound quality seems to be OK,
certainly as good as your average small mixer

<A HREF="http://www.behringer.com/VX2496/index.cfm?lang=eng"> ULTRALINK
PRO
MX882 : 8-CHANNEL SPLITTER/MIXER • LEVEL CONDITIONER/CONVERTER</A>

or check out
 <A HREF="http://www.armeirre.de/mam/index_1.html">MAM - music and
more</A>
who do a number of 1u mixers

and make sure you're using it for looping,
(or my OT rating goes up again)

andy butler