Re: Sitarist interested in Live Looping

> live performances with this instrument. the roland handsonic sounds
>better
> than the 'real' thing. perhaps you have heard and investigated this

I don't think I was very clear in my last message.  Sorry.  Actually I
agree
with you, the handsonic does sound pretty damn good and its also relatively
playable.  My personal beef with it is this (And I already meantioned that
know its a really STUBBORN viewpoint):  I think people would enjoy watching
me play my various acoustic percussion instruments more than watching me
play the handsonic.  Also, when I play an acoustic instrument, I get a very
distinct feeling - the user interface is 100% seamless on a doumbek (for a
patch change, I pick up my shaker). For me the performance aspect of live
instruments outweighs the significant loss in sonic fidelity.  It is for
this reason that I do not own a handsonic, plus the thought of how many
really cool percussion instruments I could buy for $750.

That's all.  Just trying to present another opinion, which might be
important for someone new to looping and not sure which direction to go.
The last thing I'm trying to do is force my opinion on anyone else, just
throwing it out there.
Jon