Re: Real instruments vs. electronic instruments

>  > Even though depressing a piano key is discreetly parametric (you send
>>   hammer event at a velocity).  This event affects the timbre of the
>string
>as
>>   well as simply the volume.  The player then gets to decide how long
>to let
>>   the overtones "bloom".
>
>I noticed that when you hit a piano note for the second time
>while holding the sus pedal down there's a very different sound.
>a lot brighter, because the hammer collides with the vibrations
>from another note.

when I used to play piano, I loved to press the pedal just a little
after releasing the keys, so the damper would touch the string
quickly and make it sound soft, but the sustain would be long, and
somehow even seem longer...

Shure, this effect could be sampled an plaied even simpler on a
electronic instrument...

we are quite OT here
--

          ---> http://Matthias.Grob.org