Midrange boost..?

Hello loopaz...

This one is geared at all of you EQ and tone freaks
out there (like myself).  I have a bass that has a
wonderful slap sound, but the fingerstyle sound leaves
a bit to be desired in the Midrange band.  I'm
hesitant to alter anything on the bass in fear of
losing its truly unique slap sound so I'm thinking a
moderately priced solution could be to grab some sort
of EQ pedal or preamp that has really nice, vibrant,
warm mids.

Any thoughts on what I should check out.  It would be
optimum for this device to give me full EQ control and
a bit of a volume boost when needed, but I'm primarily
concerned with a solid midrange.

Any and all help is very appreciated!

Peace and bass...
~e va n