RE: "hold" note uninterrupted (original poster)

> Anyway, to clarify something, I want a unit that has a pure "infinite"
> sustain/feedback function. The suggestions given involving loopers dont
work,
> because this is for realtime (live playing, so software doesnt work
either)
> application, and i dont have the time to create a bed of layers resulting
in
> a final sustaining pedal point drone. I just want to play a note, STEP on
> button, without having to hold it down, and have that note/chord drone.
The
> cyclic nature of the guitar string doesnt bug me, its doesnt have to be a
> uniform sine wave drone (line a telephone dial tone), I just dont want to
> hear the loop-like/digital delay  'repeat' of the note/chord.

Well, I thought I was following you until your last post.  Now I'm a bit
confused.

Why doesn't a looper work?  Why doesn't software work either?  Both are
capable of real-time response.  I don't understand your objections.  Can
you
give more detail please?

And I'm not sure what you mean by "loop-like/digital delay  'repeat' of the
note/chord".  Can you explain further?

For example, when you play a triangle (to pick out some instrument) into
the
LCK infinite sustainer, it sounds like the triangle never stops ringing.
The sustain is perfectly even with no drop or wavering in level.  Instead
of
"ting" you hear "tingggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggg..."

I do something similar with the EDP and a gong.  Strike the gong then very
quickly step on EDP Record button twice.  You make a short loop of the
gong.
Unlike the LCK infinite sustainer, you do get a bit of tremelo effect in
the
sustained sound, but it still works quite well.  (The LCK goes through a
bit
of signal processing to even-out the sound.)

Dennis Leas
dennis@mail.worldserver.com