Re: FC question w/ EDP

FC-200: Only one MIDI channel (though it is assignable). Note data fixed
into a keyboard layout makes it tricky to use as a controller. But, you can
assign control numbers in controller mode (which is exclusive of program
change and note modes) and have it transmit one Value=127 when you press
the
pedal and Value=0 when you release.

FCB1010 (as I understand it): Lots more flexibility in configuration, but
the only message that can be transmitted on pedal release is note off so
you
have to use note data to control the EDP. This isn't necessarily a problem
any more than that you have to use control messages with the FC-200, but it
is a constraint in the configuration.

[ My interpretation of Sam's message is that the FCB1010 can alternate two
control messages on separate presses, but that it doesn't send one message
on press and another on release. ]

The best feature of the FC-200 given its configuration constraints has
little to do with the EDP. It's that it supports a bunch of expression
pedals if you are fond of continuous controllers.

Mark