A cheaper stereo EDP (was Re: how to vary loops)

Actually, I suspect that if a stereo EDP with footpedal sold for just under
$1000 it could do quite well. Thinking about some of the hardware issues, I
wonder how well this would do in the market if it also cut the loop time in
half? (The 68000 can only address 16 megabytes of RAM.) The answer there
would probably be more sophisticated memory management so that only the
current loop would support undo. On the other hand, I've been thinking that
the answer if doing new hardware is probably to go up the range of 680x0
processors so that the existing code could be largely preserved but with
the
benefits of larger memory and faster processing. The trick as was made
abundantly clear here about 15 months ago is to minimize the expenses that
have to be amortized across the product run. Even my "minimal" proposal,
however, isn't necessarily cheap.

Mark