EDP BLACKFACE/BEIGEFACE

Hello LD,
looking for some advice in the realm of the EDP world.  I just sold my
BOOMERANG and DL4 to get a EDP.  What are the advantages/disadvantages of
the new plus model veresus the beige gibson model, beside the fact that
the
new plus has the LOOP IV installed?  How much is the LOOP IV software if i
bought the beige model?  It really is a drag that they went to all that
trouble and didn't make the upgrade to stereo, now that would have been an
attractive deal!!  You know Gibson just knew that idiots like me would
just
buy anyway, sly marketing team huh.
thanks
matt