Re: Looping as a profession

Title: Re: Looping as a profession
I make my living scoring a cartoon for Nickelodeon/CBS.  It's been an interesting trip -- the money is more than I ever dreamed of making, but as the cartoon is a hit, there are side projects developing that I can't say no to -- so it makes a lot of demands on my time and consciousness.
The way I hold this in my head is, I can support myself (and save for the future) by doing this or similar jobs, and use it to support my art music -- in which looping plays a big part.
It's working pretty well, except for the days when I work so many hours writing TV music that I can't imagine spending any more time that day on music.
I really have to discipline myself to schedule concerts and keep it up, as much as I love the music I'm developing with raga/looping/whatever.
And from here, rick walker's life looks pretty good . . . congratulations!  The financial rewards may not be way  up there according to our contemporary cultural standards, but I really admire the way you've structured your life so that you are spending lots and lots of time doing what you love . . .
(by the way, I hope no one takes this as complaining -- I'm exceedingly grateful for my life and work, it's just that I'm learning everything has its price . . .)