Re: Expressive MIDI guitar (a looping source!)

I'm totally skeptical about all the midi pickups and midi conversion systems. I wonder if there is anything out there with no tracking/latency/interface problems at all? I mean I want to play a guitar synthesizer, which means it really is a guitar, and it also really is a synth. I want to be able to use all the methods of producing sound that I currently use with just my guitar (bending, vibrato, tone control from the pick/fingers, legato, palm muting, pick scrapes, muted strumming, harmonics, picking behind the nut, altered tunings etc). I want every nuance of my playing to come through as much as it would with a good overdrive pedal. As a lower priority, if it were possible to also use digitally controlled analog design methods, and use things like midi in/out, a sequencer, an arpeggiator, and split sound strings/fretboard areas, that would be my other request. But, the fact is, I doubt all this is possible in one unit. Maybe my best bet is to go for a GR-300, or build my own, and use it with just looping, in lieu of a sequencer? I honestly haven't done enough research to know.