Photon MIDI converter...

Am I the only Photon MIDI converter owner
on the list..?  I have the original one made by
K-Muse..  Later, Gibson bought the rights to the
product and put it under a division called Phitec...

It is very difficult to set up but does work well in
Hyperspeed mode -- that's where you use all
B strings (or any gauge you want) that are all tuned
the same and have the Photon transpose to the correct
pitch.

If someone has one I wonder if they could do me the
tremendous favor of opening it up and telling me the
specs on the back-up battery...  its located on top
near the front LED....easy to find.
My battery went dead and I lost it before I could find
a replacement....

John McLaughlin has done some wonderful recordings
with the Photon mounted on a classical nylon string, a
custom job that the Phitec engineers wouldn't reproduce
for me when I talked to them.
--
gary
@friendlyspider.com