Re: SV: TIP: Multitrack recording multiple output loopers as"first take"

>  > >The trick was to split the Instrument signal and record only the dry
>>  >instrument signal on one track at the same as I also
>>  recorded the midi
>>  >data produced by my FCB1010 foot controller. Then I could rewire and
>>  >send the recorded audio track into the loopers while feeding
>>  them with
>>  >the recorded midi track and have my performance "re-performed".
>>
>>  the next step is to rebuild the loops in the DAW instead of
>>  the loopers. this gives you better quality (since you dont
>>  run twice through
>>  analog again)
>
>Hey - you're talking about "LOOP4 as a software plug-in". That's cool,
>but then I would also need the "Repeater software plug-in" and none of
>them are avilable ;-)
>
>>  and more precision in remixing the loops as you can
>>  take them to separate tracks, pan, effect and so on.
>
>Well, that's what I did and the benefit of the tip I posted ;-)
>
>>  though. But not so much, if the DAW has its timing fit with the loop
>>  length so you can edit the loops quantized to the grid.
>
>Yes, that's cool, if you want to edit the performance after it was
>recorded.
>
>>  I posted a cook book for the Performer.
>>  Now I want to find out how its done in Nuendo, since I love it much
>>  more for editing.
>
>Pretty much the same I would say. Fact is I did this recording in SX
>(which is very similar to Nuendo) and then imported the six audio files
>into Logic on separate tracks for mixing.

I am not sure whether we talk about the same thing.
Say you have one EDP and build your loops in it and record its input
and its MIDI to the DAW.
Now you have the joice to
-  feed the EDP with the (edited) input signal and the (modified)
MIDI commands again to reproduce the performance, but you only get
one track out of the EDP.
-  rebuild the loops in the DAW with the internal "repeat" command
and thus put each layer on a separate track. In Performer this is not
very handy because you can not overlap several layers on one track
nor fade the loops.
--

          ---> http://Matthias.Grob.org