Re: electric percussion instruments

>with my loopers I then make my loop be entirely wet so that there is no
>feedback potential with monitoring.
>
>You can then use mutes on something like a Mackie mixer and then use
>headphones to monitor the initial sound.

this helps a lot for the first layer but not much for the subsequent,
because then the previous layers are increasingly colored through the
monitors. How bad this coloring sounds depends a lot on monitor and
mic quality and especially the room resonances.

>what I have come to is to use a condenser microphone with an incredibly
>narrow cartoid pattern (as found in the AKG C1000S for example) for all
>instruments that are smaller (triangles, small shakers and any sounds
>that I
>call micro-phonic-------------much quieter than normal).

I knew they sound well, but did not know about this characteristic.
Thank you Rick!
--

          ---> http://Matthias.Grob.org