Re: OT: ebay sniping

--- Michael LaMeyer <m.lameyer@verizon.net> wrote:
> The difference is in timing.  If there's 7 days left in the auction, and
>one
> person outbids you, the price could inflate much faster and farther than
>if
> this same exchange occured in the final 5 or 10 seconds of the auction.

Maybe...

So you go in and put in your max bid 5 minutes before the end of the
auction,
it's it basically the same?

I'm not trying to be argumentative, I just don't understand how it'd
really work
any better. Is the idea that you're doing it so close to the end that
nobody else
has a chance to outbid you? If so, what about the person that DID enter a
larger
"max bid" and the Ebay system automatically outbids you?

Greg