RE: live looping drum machine?

>--

>I just confirmed my Zoom RhythmTrak 323 will do that (going for
>$150-$250 on Ebay). Great sounding machine, with its biggest weakness
>being it has an LCD screen with no backlight. I think there's a
>downloadable manual at the Zoom site if you're curious.
>
>Neil

$169 new!
Just to confirm: you use it as MIDIclock slave? and you keep changing
the pattern content while it runs slaved? (usually they dont say such
limitations in the manual very easily...)

I confirmed you can start the 323 with an empty pattern and slave to
sync (I tested with EDP with sync=out) and the metronome on the 323
plays and you can program new patterns. On this machine all the
programming is done by playing the pads, rather than grid style like the
Electribe or MC303.

While it is still playing in sync, you can press the Pause key to
suspend recording, so you can audition the sounds assigned to each pad.
There are 2 kits, a bass track, and recordable midi track (for sending
to external gear) for each pattern.

The Groove Play mode makes it so each pad plays a different pattern, up
to 4 simultaneous.

So with some mastery of this 323 you can program your new patterns and
choose up to 4 simultaneous, while in sync with your loop.

Too bad about the poor display...

Neil