Re: EDP Reverse Halfspeed Rhythmic

To clarify: I want to create a loop which jumps up and down in pitch via dividing/mulitplying the length, in rythm, automatically. I either want to be able to automate the multiply/divide function via midi signals from a sequencer (ideal) or to simply be able to record from one loop while I rythmically multiply/divide it via the footswitch onto another loop, so I get a recorded loop that jumps up and down rythmically.

 SoundFNR@aol.com wrote:

Loopers-Delight-d-request@loopers-delight.com writes:

> Heh. Well I definitely notice a loss in clarity in 28 second mode,
> especially when overdubbing, but I'm running it in front of my amp. I
really
> love the half time and reverse features though, and when you cut it in half
> to shift the pitch up an octave it starts sounding clearer again. I LOVE
that
> "chipmunk" sound, and I love backwards guitar, so you can imagine my joy at
> discovering I could do "backwards chipmunk" guitar stuff on my DL-4 when I
> got it. BTW I know the EDP can do the same thing, but is there a way to
make
> it do this in rythmic sequences, or to record from one loop to another
while
> clicking the multiply/divide switch? - Kirkland

not sure I understand the question exactly...but

With the EDP you can specify that the Reversing/Halfspeed
happens at the end of the loop, or at an exactly on the 8th note.
So you can, for instance, reverse the loop for a while and
stay exactly in time when you return to forward play.

You can also produce a rhythmic loop consisting of fragments
of sound some of which are reversed.

You can copy all or part of a loop to another loop by
hitting Multiply after Nextloop. (and by a number of other ways)

You can have the copy start playing reversed straight away.
(as soon as the copy is completed)

...and so on

andy butler