Re: DG Stomp signal path (was: Re: Lexicon MPX G2)

I end up using a mixer. At home, that generally means my Mackie 1642. For a
mobile rig, I've got an aged Passac line mixer that's moderately
successful.
The plan in the mobile rig (it's about to get re-wired) is:

guitar --> floor effects --> DG Stomp (another floor effect but this is
where the signal goes stereo) --> Filter Queen

The Filter Queen has two sets of outputs (RCA & 1/4") so one set will go to
the mixer and the other set will go to one side of the EQ Killer and then
into the DL8000R so I can do filtered delays if I want to.

The DL8000R will then go into the mixer.

The mixer will do a mono send to the EDP which will return via the other
half of the EQ Killer. (The EQ Killer can be configured in two signal
chains. It only works in one at a time and bypasses the other one.) Then
back into the mixer.

The mixer will then send to the AM8000R, take the return in from it
(probably into another pair of channels), and deliver the final output.

Lots of flexibility there, but I don't generally find myself using it live
because I've got other things to worry about and twiddling knobs on the
mixer seems like a way to get things confused for the next set.

If I could come up with a passive mixer (i.e., I don't want a power supply)
that would let me cope with the mono nature of the EDP, I'd jump at that.
Then I'd just do:

guitar --> effects --> DG Stomp --> Filter Queen --> DL8000R --> splitter

mono from splitter --> EDP --> AM8000R --> EQ Killer

stereo from splitter --> EQ Killer effect return

This would essentially replicate the GP-100 setup.

I used a previous version of the mixer based setup with 2 independent EDPs
(fed from the same effects send) at Loopstock 2002. That was cool, but it
came at the expense of rack space for the Electrix effects. I could also
drop the mixer in the above scheme and use a stereo EDP pair in a straight
stereo path. However, I'm sort of trying to segregate now into a mobile
guitar rig and a bigger home studio rig that talks to my Handsonic and
synth. The latter rig seems the logical spot to put 2 out of my 3 EDPs.

So, I'm probably stuck with the mixer based version. My complaints about it
are that the Passac feels a little noisy and it's yet another thing needing
a power supply. The Jamman gets points for being stereo signal path
friendly.

Mark