EDP ReAlign vs. QuantStartPoint...

EDP Gurus-

ReAlign and QuantStartPoint.  I am a little unclear about which of these
two
commands is better suited to getting the EDP back on track with a MIDI
clock.  The way I understand it is that, after the initial cycle length is
calculated, the EDP ignores the clock.  After about sixteen bars I can hear
that it's drifted off course slightly and I would like to get it to listen
to the clock again to get the loops back in time.

I guess I'm a little confused as to exactly what the Global and Local
StartPoints are derived from.  Does the EDP actually continue to listen to
the clock and use that as the Global StartPoint, and then it listens to the
cycle length it calculated and calls the beginning of each of those cycles
the Local StartPoint?

[reading manual intently]

Alright, I guess here's a better question:  Quantize=CYC, 8ths/Cycle=8,
SamplerStyle=StA, Source#=36.  If I trigger a ReAlign via MIDI on beat four
of a bar while I'm in loop 2, and then trigger loop 1 via MIDI to start on
beat one of the following bar, will it quantize loop 1 to the Global
StartPoint?  The manual says...

- ReAlign (Restart the current loop at the next MIDI beat 1)

...which implies that since I was in loop 2 when I initiated the ReAlign it
wouldn't ReAlign the loop that I'm switching to.  True or false?

-Jesse