Re: delay time + Echo Pro ?

Hi,

This thread prompts me to ask a couple of things about the Line 6 Echo
Pro. I
have a DL4 and want more of it, programmability, MIDI syncable delays and
more
loop time etc.

The Echo Pro is now going for £269 in Sound Control (UK) and I'm tempted,
but I
know that there are some problems as outlined before on LD. So, a couple of
questions:

1. does the MIDI clock sync work accurately? and is there a facility for
setting and saving the bar resolution within each programme? I mean so I
have
(for example) 3 saved valve delay model programmes each for MIDI clock
control,
1 with delays coming back on 1/8th notes, another with 1/4 notes and the
third
1/1 notes. I know I can tap tempo times in but I'm interested in automating
much of this if possible.

2. Do you select the looper as 'another programme' with its own programme
number? On the DL4 I have to manually switch it from delay to loop mode and
back again and wonder if this can be controlled from a foot controller on
the
Echo Pro.

3. I know that there are problems with the looper syncing to MIDI clock. Is
this totally unusable/unreliable or does the looper sync up to MIDI clock
in
some circumstances?

I do aspire to an EDP, but can't afford one at the moment and would
probably
buy the Echo Pro as my main delay unit providing it can do what I want
(particularly MIDI bar/beat delay resolution as above). Any experience of
it
would be good to hear about.

Thanks.

Ian.