Re: Loopers-Delight-d Digest V03 #184

> Fellow loopers, I'd like some suggestions regarding expanding my looping
> rig to two (guitar) amps: one pre-loop and one post-loop, so I could
> process my loops whilst playing guitar over them--you know how it
> goes...anyway, currently I am using a Rivera 100 watt combo for my main
> guitar amp, sending the signal via the effects loop into my looping gear,
> and then taking that signal and sending it to a Roland 50 watt keyboard
> amp.  Which, as you may have guessed, sounds pretty weak, especially for
> live situations.  My question is this: would it be wise to match the
>power
> from my main amp (i.e., using another 100 watt tube amp), or is that
> unecessary, as my Rivera would already be amplifying the guitar signal in
> the frist place?  As you can tell, amps are my weak subject, and any help
> would be wonderful.

I think amp wattage is grossly overpacked today. I prefer single channel
amps from the 60s and fifties to everything made today. Usually I bring a
18
Watt Ampeg and a 16 Watt Gibson amp to gigs and am plenty loud. My blond
Fender Bassman (50 W) sits at home and waits for the occasional open air
gig
in the summer.....

Andreas