EDP losing sync...

Sad.

I am trying to automate EDP commands on a sequencer track.  It records the first loop fine and will loop this indefinitely and keep synced to the sequencer.  But the minute I do a NextLoop or try to use a trigger note to move to another loop (with AutoRecord=On), or even a NextLoop --> Record (AutoRecord=OFF, Quantize=CYC) the sync lights on the front of the EDP go way off track.  Sometimes I can get the sync lights back on track by sticking a ReAlign in, but somehow the audio has shifted over and...well, it's enough to make a man cry.

All I want to do is:

1) Record an eight-bar loop in loop 1
2) Play loop #1 once (for a total of 16 bars of "A section")
3) Record a four-bar loop in loop 2
4) Play loop #2 three times (for a total of 16 bars of "B section")

No tempo changes.  No meter changes.  Nothing that should be a problem.

Whatever method I use of getting into loop #2, however, seems to de-sync the EDP.  Sonar is one of those sequencers that sends clock all the time, whether it's playing or idle.  Don't know if that is a useful clue or not.

If it would help, I can post all the settings on the EDP, and my MIDI control track as a .MID.

If one of you kind, kind EDP gurus would be willing to write a MIDI control track to do the above processes, and send me it, and a list of all the front panel settings you used, I would heartily thank you.  But, that is a lot to ask.

I am planning such sick sick things to do with the EDP, but if I can't even get it to do this, then...well, the last few years of my life, conceiving this music and the rig to play it on, are in vain.

Frustrated in Fort Collins, CO,

Jesse