Re: Daevid Allen

<<by musical temperment i suggest that he found
his musical core as part of the canterbury scene.
(and other places as well through the years) >>

Again, I'm not sure what you mean by "found his
musical core". He was in the original Soft
Machine lineup (which I assume is what you're
talking about when referencing the so-called
"Canterbury scene", which as I understand it,
never really existed) but that only lasted a
couple years. He has frequently worked with
English musicians, like Mike Howlett, Steve
Hillage, and Steffi Sharpstrings, but he's also
worked with musicians from other places as well.

<<and to those unfamilar with daevid's work, it
is very loop based, greatly because of his bowed
guitar work with metal objects.>>

Yeah, his "glissando guitar" technique. When I
first heard that on the Gong and Steve Hillage
records, I thought it was a mellotron or
something. It wasn't until I saw Daevid in
concert in 91 and I saw him doing and I thought,
"THAT'S what that sound is!".

=====
May you never thirst!
The Scuba Diver Presently Known As Chris

"What do you get when you give a yo-yo to a flock of flamingos?"-James
Earl Jones