Re: home recording gear

Say, I wanted to ask if anyone has had any
experience with the Fostex MR-8 8track digital
recorder. I notice that Sam Ash is selling them
for $299. I'm in the market to buy some recording
gear, and initial plan was to buy a 4 track, but
it looks like for a little bit more than what I'd
pay for the 4 track, I can get an 8 track digital
with built in effects, I think the Sam Ash
website said it even has a guitar amp emulator
(yeah, I know nothing is quite like plugging into
a real tube amp, right now, I don't have that
luxury as the only amp I have is this crappy
Crate practice amp that I've had for over a
decade). Any comments/opinions/suggestions? What
say ye?

=====
May you never thirst!
The Scuba Diver Presently Known As Chris

"What do you get when you give a yo-yo to a flock of flamingos?"-James
Earl Jones