SV: SV: LAPTOP recommendations for LIVE LOOPING?

He, he... Mark, you picked yourself just the right quotation from my
post ;-)

In fact the option "staying Mac" did not look too good back in -99 as
there where absolutely no MP3 software for Mac and Steve Jobs refused to
give out mobo spec's to BeOS (which by then was "THE AUDIO OS of the
future") and also pulling the plug for all Apple clone licensees. So to
take advantage of Be for audio production you had to go Intel. With Mac
you would have to invest in TDM hardware and I have to say that a
portable native system with softsynths looked as a better future ;-).
Today it's easy to see why Apple killed off those guys ;-)  BeOS for
audio would be a serious competitor to OSX and after all Apple needs to
sell Apple machines.

Per