RE: Laptop recommendations

the one that was stolen was an inspiron 8100.  i also owned another
inspiron
one from about 2-3 years ago.  both have been used many times in
performance.  no noise on rme hdsp... can't speak for anything else.  i
would never use the internal outs on any pc sound card without some kind of
shielding or transformer like mark suggested.

paul