Re: Mackie 1202vlz and loop devices config.

It's going to be a tough one without line outs.  If you had line outs
you could buy a Behringer DI box with speaker simulation for about $30
(x2 for stereo) and go right into your amp.  I've read good reviews
about it, but I've never heard or used it myself.

You could just try using the effect send of the amp, but again it will
probably not sound very good, as to much of your sound coming from the
tone of the power amp and speaker.  The interaction of the tube power
stage and speaker is a big part of the tube sound (see last week's
thread).  The DI box I spoke of would also help here.  How good are
they?  I don't know.

Here's how I tackled the same problem:  I take the effect loop out and
go into a Lexicon MPX G2 and instead of going back into the amp, I go
into the mixer.  Luckily, the G2 has amp and speaker simulation built
in so it seems to do the trick.  Is it the same as using the amp all
the way?  No, but it's close enough for my purposes.

Mark