Re: Getting rid of the Vortex...

> an especially nice page http://members.aol.com/soundfnr/vortecho.htm)
>i've=

thank you :-)

>  =20
>  concluded that i could do anything that the Vortex offers with the two
Line=
>  =20
>  6 boxes and expression pedals. A lot easier also. I found the Vortex=20
>  operating system to be less intuitive than the Line 6 devices. Plus,
>stomp=
>  =20
>  boxes are much more immediate than rack mounts (when you're working
>live).
>
>  So what's the point of this post? Well, if anyone has any compelling=20
>  arguments for the Vortex over the Delay Mod/Filter Mod combi

as a Filter Pro user, I'd say the Filter Mod has v. little
in common with the vortex, I wouldn't let go of either.

of course the Vortex only has 2s delay, and no halfspeed/reverse

In fact all 3 units are pretty unique.

...but neither of those 2 Line 6 units has flange/phase/chorus/rotary,
     which theVortex does really well.
...nor do they have the power to twist short loops about .
...nor do they have the possibility to set up a pedal which goes
   from straight sound to complete noise-texture (and back again
afterwards)
...no evolving textures

keep them all

andy butler