Re: Using midi to control tempo on EDP

Hi Kim,

ok, according the LoopIV upgrade manual about TempoSelect, the tempo can
be fine tuned with the insert and mute buttons.  In order to facilitate
the use of these two buttons, could these buttons be mapped to a couple of
buttons on a pedal?  Aren't these two buttons essentially acting as what
the manual calls a "DataWheel"?  Can the DataWheel be controlled by a midi
continuous controller that is able to automatically increment or decrement
just by holding the button rather than pressing it multiple times?

Also, how does Overdub work while in SyncRecord mode?  From my
understanding of the manual, once the tempo has been selected, the
beginning and ending points of the loop/cycle are already defined.  Can
drones be recorded in predefined lengths using this method and should
Overdub be used in these cases to create a smooth drone?

thanks,
Steve