Re: Recording tools

Those MXL mics are pretty cool if you don't mind a bit
of coloration on the sound. With digital I find myself
searching for some color when I record. I have 2 of
those.

You can get 57's plus a 20' cord for about $82 off of
musicians friends and american musical supply. If you
are planning on getting good mics like Sure I would
just get the mics from a reputable source that way you
have some warranty and don't spend too much. Unless
the guy on ebay is a music store selling through
there.

By the way - a Fostex VF80 goes for $499 at American
Musical with free shipping on anything over $249. And
they have that wonderful easy pay plan I am notorious
for taking advantage of :)

http://www.americanmusical.com/item.asp?UID=2003041519092381&menu=&keyword=&item=FOS+VF80

<http://www.musiciansfriend.com/srs7/sid=030415164632172158245211088084/search/g=home/detail/base_id/88621>