Boss DD6 Warp Effect - Swooshing Taking off Effect

Can anybody explain what the warp function is like on
a Boss DD6?

One thing I liked about my DL4 was the ability to put
the mix on 100% Effect and tweak the delay time for
that swooshing taking off sound. I can't seem to do
that with my Echo Pro or my Headrush and I am
searching for a small delay to achieve this. Damn the
day I used that on one of my bands songs - now
something is missing :)

Anybody have some suggestions?