Re: recording setup? (ot)

At 11:26 AM +0100 4/22/03, Steve Goodman wrote a whole bunch of stuff
about PC hardware that demonstrates that he knows whereof he speaks.

OK, so my information is probably outdated (though some of my
personal experiences are recent). My original comment was just a
"caveat emptor" suggestion that you have to do your homework when
setting up a system. If someone chooses to go with a professionally
configured music system such as those offered by Carillon and Wave
Digital then the compatibility issues should have been worked out.

BTW - There was a very positive review of a Carillon system, posted
by its owner, on the theatre-sound list this week. Some of his
comments: "quiet...blazingly fast...rock solid."

Richard Zvonar, PhD
(818) 788-2202
http://www.zvonar.com
http://RZCybernetics.com