RE: Pedal Response with Echoplex Digital Pro using "In" Loop Mode

At 12:33 PM 4/24/2003, Clayton Gary Lehmann wrote:
>I bought a Boss FV-50L pedal to use with my EDP.  Haven't used it much as
>use MIDI to control my loops--but then I discovered the "In" mode and
>liked
>it--but I find that the response curve isn't right in this mode.
Our friend Kim replied:

"isn't right" I suppose is a subjective thing. The pedal is directly
controlling the input volume into the loop in the "In" mode. I suppose if
the pedal doesn't offer a feel that you like, you should try a different
pedal?

<snip>

It sounds to me like you just don't like the feel of that pedal, and you
might want to try a different one.

kim

Let us now speak of the feel of the Boss Pedal.  It's plastic and easy to
push.  I don't mind it.
I just tried an old Ernie Ball.  It feels great!  It doesn't have the right
values tho--won't make the input volume change . . . Guess that means I
would have to replace the pot.  Last time I tried doing home electronics I
ruined two FS300s trying to make an EDP foot pedal replacement.
What pedal is recommended for using the "In" mode to control the Echoplex
using the foot pedal input on the back of the unit?  Isn't the FV-50L the
recommended pedal?
On the subject of tone and guitar, I find that although the MPX-G2 is
pre-modeling, it's got tons of tone.  I'm pretty darned happy with it as a
guitar direct injection thang.  I do find that the internal Jamman doesn't
respond to MIDI any better than the original Jamman--reminded me why I was
so happy to have sold mine.
In any case, I thank Kim for responding to my question and will continue to
experiment.  Isn't that what it's all about anyway?
Gary