Re: digital camera for tour documentation

I did the same type of research a couple of years ago and ended up with a
Olympus C3040Z, but now I wish i had got the Nikon Coolpix or higher end
Sony model.

My issues with the Olympus:

1. Chromatic aberration on sunny days is really bad for outdoor shots
2. Zoom lens only 96mm
3. Poor macro capabilities ... if that's what you're looking for.
4. Tunneling when you add zoom lenses.

I highly suggest you check out this very informative Web site for your
research:

http://www.dpreview.com/

They have detailed reviews, sample shots, and you can do side-by-side
comparisons of camera specs too.