Re: DJ Rescue>>mastering

----- Original Message -----
From: <SoundFNR@aol.com>
> > Those of you born after the CD came to market might
> >  marvel at all the funny things people did to make sound fit into vinyl
> > grooves.
> >  EQ, limiting, compression...  None of which need to be done for
>soundwaves
> > being
> >  digitally encoded into pits of a CD.
>
> They still do it though!
> beware CD mastering by others of your pristine loop music.

True enough.  We have become accustomed to all that processing.  But it
doesn't
NEED to be done and often is done differently than what was done to squeeze
soundwaves in LP grooves.  Still, for commercial reasons, much processing
is
still done in order to make music "radio-friendly" or to compete against
all the
other songs on the radio.  Such processing wrecks ambient music, among
other
genres.

Cheers,

Bill