Virtual guitars amps etc. live

With all of the virtuality coming out i am getting
with time more interested in this subject, not having
to carry so much equipment is certainly appealing.I
see people like Adrian Belew leaving their
refigerators at home and simplifying to a johnson
amp.I was never interested in modeling amps or things
like the Roland VGs or VAs or Line 6 but i am hearing
good things about them.Has anybody tried this virtual
amps and guitar modelers live? Do they really cut
through drums?are they worth the money?
Louie

=====
www.labalou.com