Re: 3 points - live vs's recorded, looping origin, and looping asgenre

>1) Live looping and recorded looping are (only) as different as live vs.
>recorded music.
>Potentially definitions of looping need to deal, and possibly distinguish
>between looping in live and recorded situations.  Today, recording
>technology allows for musical elements to become repeated literally with
>cut
>and paste simplicity.  It's valid, it's cool.  I love it.  Isn't it
>looping
>too?  And if so, maybe it's good enough to just distinguish between
>"realtime" looping and "recorded" loops.   My points 2 & 3 partially
>explains why.

When I read this I get the impression that the difference is similar
to studio vs live act/recording of a band, where the live version
usually is a little less elaborated but in change has more of a
spontaneous punch.

But what we should bring over to the public is the different feel of
live looping which has been often discribed here with "freedom" and
"flowing" and such. Its a different way to search for inspiration and
I find important that the public has a chance to observe it
happening, even on recordings (unless they are heavily
edited/overdubbed or totally composed)

Also, "recorded looping" is not used as a label and it may not make
sense to create it here...

--

          ---> http://Matthias.Grob.org