Syncing Two Repeaters

I recently started working with another repeater-enhanced musician. We
would
like to sync the tempos of our repeaters, but nothing else. When I hooked
up
my repeater to be the master, we discovered: when I changed the track
volume
on mine, her track volume was also altered; when I pressed stop, hers
stopped; and so on through most of the midi functions I was accessing with
my feet.

I haven't been able to find it in the manual, but surely there must be a
way
to have ONLY the tempo of one repeater be controlled by another (please,
please, please!!) ?

Had anyone tried this?

thanks much, zoe