Re: Ableton Live

Doug seems to know LIVE (I type it capital to avoid double meanings):

>Those are good observations.  "Overdub-like" activities can be done with
>multiple clip slots.  Multiply, with overdub, isn't directly available -
>but
>can be done in a similar fashion.
>
>I don't have any latency issues (ASIO driver works with ~10ms latency),
>and
>the interface is actually very simple to manage with MIDI.  "Next Loop" is
>easy enough - just start recording in the next slot, which is assigned to
>MIDI pedal.  Also, the reason I recently asked about a program to fire off
>keyboard macros based on MIDI note input - is because I can use it to get
>a lot of functions in Live via my FCB1010.

can you please tell us how you do it in very practical terms?
what switches do you program and how do you proceed with them?

can we maybe put a "LIVE Live Looping manual" together here?
This will also explain where the disadvantages are and serve Ableton
as a guide to improve their thing...
--

          ---> http://Matthias.Grob.org